we're pleased to
- Printfil 5.15 has been released
- Closing period for vacation from 30 Apr to 9 May
1) Printfil 5.15 has been released
- Added compatibility with the upcoming Windows 8 version (tested with the Win8 Developer Preview)
- Simplified installation and upgrades on peer-to-peer networks.
Now you can install/upgrade Printfil on just the network server and the
client computers will upgrade automatically the first time they'll run
Printfil from the network shared directory
- Now you can use PDF files as background for your textual print jobs
- On some particularly slow machines/networks, when printing to some network printers, Windows could trigger the "Choose printer" dialog even if it's disabled in the Printfil's configuration.
Printfil now detects this case and retry invoking the printer for a few
more time. If the preselected printer is really unavailable, then the
"Choose Printer" dialog is finally shown (as before)
- Some other minor improvements
The upgrade is free
for all the Customers who are using the 5.x version,
by using the same license codes. You just need to download and
install the new Printfil setup program (or leave the AutoUpdate program doing it
automatically) without uninstalling the current version first.
If you are still using an old 4.3 version,
purchased since 7 Nov 2005 (date of its release), you've right to the free
upgrade too, but even your license codes needs to be upgraded
(Printfil 5 uses different codes than Printfil 4). The AutoUpdate
program will guide you through the update process and will
automatically update everything that is needed. If the automatic check
has been disabled, simply right-click the Printfil's trayed icon and choose "Search
If you've purchased previous 4.x licenses from 2003 to 2005, for a limited time only,
you can still upgrade them to the newest version simply by purchasing
Printfil Upgrade licenses at discounted prices. Don't miss this opportunity! it
will expire soon!
2) Closing period for vacation from 30 Apr to 9 May
Our offices will be closed for vacation from 30 Apr to 9 May.
You can purchase your
Printfil licenses even during the closing period
because the ordering system is totally automated.
Support requests received
during the closing period will be answered as soon as possible, at our return.
If you've questions,
comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
aSwIt s.r.l. - Software solutions for
legacy programs and batch files
printing system for applications
send out files via e-mail
to ODBC Data Sources
close Windows applications
you want to be informed about bug fixes, improvements, new releases,
promotions and special offers reserved only to newsletter subscribers,
please insert your e-mail address in the following
box and press the Send button. We do not sell or give out e-mail addresses. Your e-mail address will
be used for this purpose only.