pleased to announce the new Printfil 5.14 release.
- Added integration with the DOSBox emulator. If Printfil is running in evaluation mode, when selecting a LPT port to capture at Configuration -> Standard,
Printfil detects if DOSBox is installed on the system, and, if so,
it asks if you want to automatically configure it to capture the
same LPT port.
This may be particularly useful to use a DOS program on a 64 bit
Windows OS without having to install and configure the Microsoft "XP
Mode" or other virtualization software.
Please find more info at http://www.printfil.com/efaq32.htm
- Added support for Epson Color escape sequences in GDI mode, and the single Ascii-14 that, on Epson capable printers, expands the font (Double Width), but just up to the end of the current line.
To enable these new features you just have to select the Epson-Color.seq emulation in the top listbox at Configuration -> Standard -> Escape
addition to the aSwIt Mono 437 font, we've added 8
new True Type PC8 fonts for Windows, to emulate different DOS Code
Pages for many international languages:
- aSwIt Mono 852 : cp852: Central Europe:
Croatian, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak
- aSwIt Mono 862 : cp862: Hebrew
- aSwIt Mono 8859-8 : iso-8859-8: Hebrew (Latin)
- aSwIt Mono 850 : cp850: Western Europe:
Netherlands, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Sweden,
- aSwIt Mono 865 : cp865: Nordic languages:
- aSwIt Mono 861 : cp861: Icelandic
- aSwIt Mono 860 : cp860: Portuguese
- aSwIt Mono 863 : cp863: Canadian-French
New Printfil installations now defaults to the fonts above if the Windows OEM Codepage does match one of them.
For each "aSwIt Mono xxx" we've included even the "aSwIt Mono xxx ND"
variant, that's different because:
- Zeroes are non-dotted (ND = No Dots: even if it's harder
recognizing Zeroes and Oh)
- In the Ascii code 128 there's the Euro sign (€ - even if it
wasn't present at the DOS age)
Please find more info at http://www.printfil.com/efaq22.htm
- Restored backward compatibility with Windows NT 4.0.
Some recent enhancements made new Printfil installations failing due to
some missing standard Windows DLL on such old system. If you haven't
already done it, you still have to install the latest Microsoft Service
Pack 6 for Windows NT 4.0 however
other minor improvements
The upgrade is free
for all the Customers who are using the 5.x version,
by using the same license codes. You just need to download and
install the new Printfil setup program (or leave the AutoUpdate program doing it
automatically) without uninstalling the current version first.
If you are still using an old 4.3 version,
purchased since 7 Nov 2005 (date of its release), you've right to the free
upgrade too, but even your license codes needs to be upgraded
(Printfil 5 uses different codes than Printfil 4). The AutoUpdate
program will guide you through the update process and will
automatically update everything that is needed. If the automatic check
has been disabled, simply right-click the Printfil's trayed icon and choose "Search
If you've purchased previous 4.x licenses from 2003 to 2005, for a limited time only,
you can still upgrade them to the newest version simply by purchasing
Printfil Upgrade licenses at discounted prices. Don't miss this opportunity! it
will expire soon!
If you've questions,
comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
aSwIt s.r.l. - Software solutions for
legacy programs and batch files
printing system for applications
send out files via e-mail
to ODBC Data Sources
close Windows applications
you want to be informed about bug fixes, improvements, new releases,
promotions and special offers reserved only to newsletter subscribers,
please insert your e-mail address in the following
box and press the Send button. We do not sell or give out e-mail addresses. Your e-mail address will
be used for this purpose only.