announce the new Printfil 5.20 release.
- When creating PDF files out of your DOS print jobs through the "Printfil" virtual printer now you can specify even the PDF/A ISO-standardized version, specialized for the digital long term preservation of electronic documents.
PDF/A nowadays is often required by a wide variety of government and industry areas world-wide
- When e-mailing PDF or PDF/A files without user intervention through the line no.12 of the optional CFG file, now you can tell Printfil to automatically attach an additional file to the e-mail.
This is particularly useful if you wish to attach a fixed image, a document, or another file created by the source program when creating the print job itself (for example, in some countries, when sending out a PDF/A invoice via e-mail you need to attach even a XML file describing the invoice content)
- If print job archiving is enabled through the ArchiveRoot parameter (please see the manual, Chapter 11), now those jobs can be easily reprinted by the Redo Last Print - Archiving Printfil's menu entry
- Improved the Dutch user interface
- Some other minor improvements
The upgrade is free
for all the Customers who are using the 5.x version,
by using the same license codes. You just need to download and
install the new Printfil setup program (or leave the AutoUpdate program doing it
automatically) without uninstalling the current version first.
If you are still using an old 4.3 version,
purchased since 7 Nov 2005 (date of its release), you've right to the free
upgrade too, but even your license codes needs to be upgraded
(Printfil 5 uses different codes than Printfil 4). The AutoUpdate
program will guide you through the update process and will
automatically update everything that is needed. If the automatic check
has been disabled, simply right-click the Printfil's trayed icon and choose "Search
If you've purchased previous 4.x licenses from 2003 to 2005, for a limited time only,
you can still upgrade them to the newest version simply by purchasing
Printfil Upgrade licenses at discounted prices. Don't miss this opportunity! it
will expire soon!
If you've questions,
comments or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
aSwIt s.r.l. - Software solutions for
legacy programs and batch files
printing system for applications
send out files via e-mail
to ODBC Data Sources
close Windows applications
you want to be informed about bug fixes, improvements, new releases,
promotions and special offers reserved only to newsletter subscribers,
please insert your e-mail address in the following
box and press the Send button. We do not sell or give out e-mail addresses. Your e-mail address will
be used for this purpose only.
Alternatively you can simply "Like" the Printfil Facebook page.